Sultana almond cookies
These are quick, easy and most importantly – delicious! Inspired by The Healthy Chef’s Chocolate chip cookie, I’ve created a different version with the goodness of coconut, LSA and sultanas. LSA is made from ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds and can be found in most health food aisles of the supermarkets. It adds a nutritional punch adding in healthy omega 3 fats promoting healthy heart and brain function, minerals such as calcium, zinc and magnesium.
Makes 18 small sultana almond cookies – EGG FREE ~ DAIRY FREE ~GLUTEN FREE
Cooking time : 30 minutes
- 1 cup Almond meal
- ½ cup LSA
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (ensure it is sulphur free – I love and use The Wholefood Pantry’s coconut from Nutra Organics)
- 2 ½ T Macadamia nut oil
- 1 ½ T honey
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 50g sultanas (make sure they are sulphur free also)
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, LSA, and coconut.
- Add in the macadamia nut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour in the Tablespoon of water and mix well. The mixture should combine together. If it appears too dry, add just a tad more water.
- Add in the sultanas and mix together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up mixture and form into balls to pop on the tray. Press down with your fingers to flatten them out a bit.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden. Don’t worry if they seem a bit soft still, they will firm up when cooled. Cool on a rack.
- Will keep in an airtight container for up to a week, or can be frozen. Enjoy!