Simple HNC Hummus
Once you start making your own dips, you’ll never go back! They taste so much better, full of flavour that you get to control, no additives or preservatives, and no nasty canola oil.
Hummus is a simple, throw everything into the blender or food processor, and lasts at least a week in the fridge. Great to add to lunchboxes, morning / afternoon tea, add to wraps or sandwiches, perfect for when unexpected guests pop by! Serve with some carrot and celery sticks, snow peas, strips of capsicum, or crakers. A batch of this never lasts too long in our house!
DAIRY FREE ~ GLUTEN FREE ~NUT FREE
- One tin of chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons of tahini, or 2 T of sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 a clove of garlic
- Juice of a lemon (about 3 T, but adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt, and pepper to taste
HOW WE DO IT
1. Rinse and drain your chickpeas, then throw them into your blender, along with all of the other ingredients.
2.. Blend / process together, for a thinner result or to help to achieve smoothness you can add a Tablespoon of water.
3. Taste as you go! You might like it saltier. You might some more ground cumin in there, or you may like more lemon. You really can’t go wrong.
4. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of ground cumin. Or – eat it straight from the container. No judging here. 🙂
** If you are a fan of coriander, you can chop some through and use as a garnish, adds a nice flavour to it.
Like Pesto? You can find my basil and cashew pesto here.