Roasted pumpkin and cashew soup
This is a quick and easy dairy-free soup that is still quite creamy in texture. You can always use some cream if you can tolerate dairy, or if you don’t have the cashews – then leave them out, it will still be delicious! Soup is great to make for lunches throughout the week – make a big batch on Sunday and it will last for days. No need for nasty take-away!
- 900 g pumpkin, cut into pieces to roast
- medium size sweet potato, cut into pieces to roast
- 3 carrots, cut into pieces to roast
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- clove of garlic
- 100g cashews
- 3 cups vegie stock or water
- salt and pepper to taste.
1.Pop all the vegetables into the oven with a little olive oil and sprinkle of nutmeg and roast for 30 – 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Pop the garlic clove and cashews in for the last 10 or so minutes (if using raw cashews)
3. Throw it all in your blender to whiz it all up with the vegie stock. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches.
4. Pour into a saucepan to heat through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with some extra cashews, or a swirl of cream / coconut cream – Enjoy!