Layered Mango Chia Pudding
Chia puddings are so versatile. You can always come up with different flavour combinations, depending on the fruit in season.
At the moment, it’s mango season, and I’m loving it! One of my favourite fruits. Chia puddings are a nutritious, whole foods breakfast that you can easily prepare the night before, and they last well in the fridge for about three days. Put them in a jar with a lid and you can grab it on the run! But, try and take the time to sit down and enjoy your breakfast. Even if it means getting out of bed half an hour earlier, your day will run much more smoothly if you aren’t running around like a mad-man and actually can sit down and fuel your body properly for the morning ahead! **If you don’t want to layer the pudding, there is a quicker version below, see ‘Variations’.
¼ Cup Chia seeds
½ Cup Coconut cream
3/4 Cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple syrup
Juice of half a lime
Handful of macadamia nuts and coconut flakes (or top with some of my crunchy nut mix)
HOW TO DO IT
- In a bowl, combine the chia seeds, coconut cream, water, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Leave for a minute, and then give a good stir again. Pop into the fridge to set overnight (or at least an hour)
- Blend together the flesh from the mangoes and the lime juice. Put in the fridge to cool overnight also. (Or whilst the chia pudding is setting.)
- In the morning, grab your two glasses, or jars. Divide the chia mixture in half. Spread half of the mixture over the bottom of the two glasses, pushing it down with a spoon.
- Pour half of the mango puree evenly over the two glasses.
- Repeat with remaining chia mixture and mango for the next layer.
- Top with the macadamia nuts and coconut flakes and away you go! Could also add some yoghurt if you like, or some of my crunchy nut mix for some more texture. Enjoy.
- Instead of coconut cream and water, you can use one cup of your choice of milk. The coconut cream does make the pudding nice and creamy though! You could use coconut water also.
- If you don’t have the time to layer the pudding, then you can just blend it all together. Blend all of the main ingredients together except the chia seeds. Pour the mixture into your glasses/jars, then stir through the chia seeds (1/8 a cup in each glass / jar.) Leave for a minute, then stir again. Put in the fridge to set overnight, so you can literally grab in the morning, throw on some nuts and coconut for the added crunch, and run!
You can find my Blueberry Chia Breakfast Pudding here
You can find my post on Ways to Eat Chia here
You can find my Crunchy Nut Mix here