HNC Mini fritattas
Love eggs! Wish I had chickens, but I don’t at the moment. Eggs are a great source of protein, have vitamins and minerals and healthy omega 3 fats. I always try and have boiled eggs on hand as a quick and easy snack in the afternoon, or to add to a green salad to take to work.
Mini fritatta’s are a great way to add some quality protein to your child’s lunchbox, and a way to sneak in some vegetables too – win win all round! They are EASY to make – they can be whipped up in five minutes – gotta love that!
HNC MINI FRITATTAS ~ Gluten free ~ Grain free ~ nut free
- 5 eggs
- 2 T milk
- 1 carrot, grated finely
- 1 zucchini, grated finely
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 T Vital Veggie Powder (optional, but increases the nutrient density of the fritattas)
- salt and pepper to taste
OTHER OPTIONAL EXTRAS: 2 rashers of bacon chopped, 1 spring onion finely chopped, baby spinach chopped, goats cheese or feta – the options are endless and you can tailor make these to what your child likes.
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin or cupcake pan. You can make larger fritattas for older children or little mini ones for the little ones.
2. Whisk your eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add all other ingredients, including salt and pepper and stir well.
4. Spoon mixture into the muffin trays.
5. Cook for 15 – 18 minutes.
Can be frozen and taken out for lunchboxes.