HNC Mini Banana Muffins
Everyone loves a good muffin, am I right? This is a beauty – gluten and dairy free, but loved by everyone. You can mix it up however you like – keep them plain, or add some chocolate chips, blueberries or strawberries. Almond meal keeps them nice and moist, and is a good source of protein and healthy fats.
- One and a half cups of Almond Meal (Or one cup of Almond meal, half a cup of LSA)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (I love Nutra Organics coconut – make sure your coconut is preservative free)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Macadamia nut oil, extra-virgin Olive oil, or Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mushed up. (The riper, the sweeter they are!)
- OPTIONAL – choc chips, blueberries, strawberries to add to the mix. (Doesn’t need them – just an option to mix them up – see below.)
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a mini muffin tray with papers.
2. Combine Almond meal, coconut, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add the eggs, Oil and honey and gently fold through.
4. Add the mashed banana, fold through.
5. Spoon into mini muffin trays. Cook for 20 minutes at 170 degrees and you will have delicious mini banana muffins ready to go!
*Add some chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped up strawberries – either add to the mix and stir through, or push a few into the top of each muffin before it goes into the oven. The kids will love the choice!
** I also love topping mine with a little bit of Peanut Butter and a slice of banana – YUM!
**Can be frozen.