Choc Peanut Butter Bites
So…..I’ve had a real peanut butter craving lately. These came about out of desperation for a mid afternoon snack! The sweetness of dates combined with the saltiness of peanut butter and cacao is divine. Keep them plain, or coat them in coconut or sesame seeds – perfect for a peanut butter fan!
Makes 18-20 balls
- 1 cup of medjool dates (approximately 9-10)
- 2/3 cup of Peanut butter (let it soften if you keep it in the fridge)
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 T raw cacao or cocoa
- Extra coconut, or sesame seeds for rolling.
HOW TO DO IT
1. Pit your dates and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the water and add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor.
3. Blend / Process until combined.
4. Roll into small balls. You can roll in coconut or in sesame seeds or keep as they are.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container. Can be frozen (and taste great straight from the freezer too 😉
TIPS – You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter, I love and use smooth, but crunchy will give your bites more texture.
Use Peanut Butter from your pantry, not from your fridge! It will be too hard for your blender.
Sesame seeds taste great – you can even mix some through before rolling. Enjoy!