Blueberry Chia Breakfast pudding
Chia. Chia chia chia. Little seeds that are just so good for us! Turning them into a breakfast pudding is a great way to start the day, full of omega 3’s, fibre, minerals and antioxidants. You will be full for ages after this one! No more mid-morning hunger slump.
Why oh why would you want to eat from a cardboard box?? (that – let’s be honest – you may as well just be eating the cardboard) when you can whip up easy, nutritious, whole food breakfasts like these?
Oh and this is better if you make this the night before – bonus! Wake up and breakfast is done.
INGREDIENTS – Serves 2
1/4 cup chia seed
1 1/4 cup of milk (I use coconut milk, but any milk variation will work just fine. If you want it creamier – do half coconut cream half water)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 t vanilla or 1/2 a vanilla pod scraped
1 t maple syrup – a little more if you like things sweeter. (You can add sweetness though with yoghurt and fruit on top)
To serve: Yoghurt, some extra blueberries, chopped banana, coconut flakes or my crunchy nut mix
1. Pop all ingredients, except the chia, into your blender. Blitz away.
2. Get two cute little jars or containers out. Divide the mixture between the jars.
3. Split the chia amongst the two containers and stir it in. Leave them sit for five minutes, then stir again.
4. Pop the puddings in the fridge and let them set overnight.
5. In the morning, grab them from the fridge, along with your ‘toppers’ – yoghurt, some extra blueberries, a banana, crunchy nuts etc. Pop them all on top and breakfast is served in under five minutes! Enjoy.